Welcome back! Jesuit Academy students have returned for the 2015 summer session, which began June 29. Although the new camp opened in September 2014, this was the first official week of Jesuit Academy's summer session at Camp Nakomis in Carter Lake. The new camp features a 6,000 square foot building with five classrooms and a main activity room, a pool, and an athletics field. Students focus on academics in the morning and camp activities in the afternoon. The summer session runs until July 17.
Highlights of the first week of the summer session include:
* the incoming fourth grade class meeting their Jesuit Academy family
* the first prayer service at camp, led by the eighth grade class
* Fr. Wendt, SJ, joined the Jesuit Academy staff
* the eighth grade class slept over at camp Wednesday night, enjoying a few rounds of bowling at Thunderbowl
* the afternoon camp session featured an inflatable water slide
* students swam nearly every day in the new pool
Thank you to the many friends of Jesuit Academy who made camp possible!
This page includes updates from major events, general news, and student profiles. Check out our Twitter feed @JesuitAcademy for the latest updates.